Saturday 21 June 2014

No7 Lash Impact Mascara

 
This post is going to be a review on the new release from No7, which is their Lash Impact mascara. I got this as a present for my birthday, when at the time I think it was on offer for £10. Now its usual retail price is £13.50; from the drugstore I do think it is a little expensive. I haven't really tried many products from the brand No7 before, including none of their mascaras, so I wasn't too sure what to expect.
 
 
 
 
The first thing I said when I opened this present was 'wow the packaging is so cool!' The bright red shimmery colour looks very glamorous and stands out within your makeup bag. The wand is fibre with quite small bristles, which I find helps me apply my mascara well as the wand is a little flexible. They claim that the mascara 'adds intense volume for dramatic lashes'. Another reason why the Lash Impact mascara is meant to be good is because you can apply more than one coat to add more volume without it clumping.
 
I use this mascara every day for school as with only one coat is isn't too dramatic, but gives a nice amount of volume whilst lengthening my lashes too. I find when I apply one coat is doesn't clump at all, it just leaves my lashes looking fluttery and pretty. I rarely apply another coat throughout the day, however when I do my eyelashes become slightly longer, with a bit more volume also. In my opinion what they claim is true.
 


 
At the end of the day this mascara does make the bottom of my eyes a little black (as it isn't waterproof), but nothing too much so I look like a panda! Even though I don't curl my eyelashes before I apply this mascara, the curl keeps pretty well, however perhaps curling your eyelashes before hand will make the curl last longer.
 
Overall I really like the No7 Lash Impact mascara as it gives the right amount of length and volume for every day use or a more dramatic look. I think it is overpriced for what it is, and for a drugstore mascara, so I'm not sure whether I would repurchase it in the future. I will probably try out a new mascara instead. Please leave a comment telling me your favourite mascara, drugstore or high end and I will talk to you soon.

4 comments:

  1. this was such an imformative post and I completely agree the packaging is so cute:) my all time favourite mascara would have to be the benifit they're real mini:) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou lovely😊 I've heard that that mini is better than the full size of benefits they're real? Do you think that's true?xx

      Delete
    2. yes definately I tried out my freinds full size and I just generally find the mini more flattering on the lashes it's not worth investing in the full size:) x x

      Delete
    3. okay thank you was wondering as the mini is only £10 I think and wanted it for christmas:) xoxo

      Delete